Internship & Shadow Programs
St. Joseph’s Addiction Treatment & Recovery Centers’ Internship and Shadow programs provide students the opportunity to learn first-hand the clinical, physical, emotional, and legal aspects of working in the addiction treatment field.
This program is for the student who is taking a course in psychology or human services and who will be writing a paper to fulfill a requirement for their course. This program consists of 10 hours volunteering at our Inpatient facility in Saranac Lake, or at one of our seven outpatient clinics “shadowing” one of our counselors or site managers.
Each student will be interviewed, be required to fill out an extensive application, sign a confidentially disclosure, be fingerprinted, and complete a Federal background check.
This is a two-to-three-month program; working at one of our program sites either on a full-time or part-time basis. Similar to the Shadow Program, each student will be interviewed, be required to fill out an extensive application, sign a confidentially disclosure, be fingerprinted, and complete a Federal background check.
To apply for the Internship Program or Shadow Program, please send a letter of interest to our Community Services Department:
Community Services Coordinator
Phone: 518-891-3950 Ext 1291
As there are many steps involved with our Programs, we suggest you begin this process a minimum of six weeks in advance of your school paper due date or internship requirement.
For Both Programs:
1. You will be sent an Application Packet
2. Please return the signed & dated Application Packet along with a copy of your driver’s license or other form of recognized ID, and your resume.
3. You will then be contacted for an interview with one of our managers and/or a director
4. Once interviewed, you will be contacted by our HR Department to set up finger printing
6. You will then attend an orientation at St. Joseph’s Business Office in Saranac Lake.
8. Successful candidates will be placed at the location most appropriate to their areas of interest.