St. Joseph’s has strict restrictions regarding personal items that you can bring with you. Please review the information below for a list of required items, allowable items and inappropriate items. All items deemed inappropriate will be confiscated and mailed home at the owner’s expense.
Please bring the following required items with you:
- Sufficient clothing for seven (7) full days, including:
- Underwear, socks/stocking, bras
- Collared shirts, collared blouses, loose-fitting slacks/jeans, dresses, skirts
- Recreational clothing : sweatpants & sweatshirts, sneakers
- Shower shoes (Flip-flops) Bathrobe and bedroom slippers
- Coats, boots, gloves, hats, as appropriate for season
- Toiletries (alcohol-free) (no aerosols)
- Toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, electric razor/other shaving equipment.
- Identifying Documents (If you have them) Birth Certificate
- Medicaid and/or Insurance Card
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License
Personal items clients may bring:
- One (1) Book for leisure reading
- Makeup – Foundation
- Jewelry – watch, wedding bands. NO body piercings.
- St. Joseph’s encourages you to leave your arts, crafts, and hobbies at home as there are lots of activities you will be participating in while in treatment
- Three (3) photos, or post cards, or a combination of these items, to display in your room
Please DO NOT bring the following:
- Radio, I-Pads, cell phones, phone cards, credit cards, etc.
- Food, gum, candy bars, hard candy, etc.
- PRODUCTS CONTAINING ALCOHOL
- Colognes, perfumes, mouthwash, aftershave, etc.
- Knives, scissors, clippers, etc.
- Stuffed animals, pillows, blankets, rugs
- Nail polish, acrylic nails
- Open-toed shoes, sleeveless shirts, t-shirts with logos